At the start of this project much of the existing sanitary infrastructure in the Village of Hythe was the originally installed materials, clay pipe and brick manholes, that were in need of attention due to root growth, breakage and collapsing materials. Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd. (BASE) aided the Village with coordinating the video inspection and conditional documentation of the existing infrastructure. Once this was completed BASE put together a phasing plan over multiple years to rehabilitate the existing infrastructure and has been project managing this plan for the Village since the projects commenced.Phase 4 was completed in 2015 and the current plan is to continue with Phase 5 in the 2017 construction season.
Some of the project highlights are:
- Project management and coordination of sanitary utility rehabilitation through either removal and replacement or cured in place lining method.
- Sanitary infrastructure existing condition documentation and replacement phase planning.
- Video inspection of existing sanitary infrastructure.
- Sanitary Infrastructure lining preparation (high pressure water and robotic equipment for grinding and trimming of specific areas)
- Cured in place lining of existing sanitary mains, laterals and manholes.
- Successful completion of project within budgeted parameters.