As with all municipalities it is important to maintain the existing infrastructure throughout the Town. For this reason the Town has an annual Street Improvement Program. For these projects we were required to supply the design, tender and construction supervision for a combined total of 20 sites for 2013 through to the 2015 construction season.
The remediation and reconstruction of existing roadways and curb, gutter, and sidewalks aided in the alleviation of drainage issues, heaving of the road carriage way, and provided a smooth riding surface.
The different types of projects that were completed are listed below:
- Asphalt walking trails.
- Road widening, including road reconstruction.
- Replacement of existing sidewalks and separate sidewalks.
- Spot replacements of curb and gutter or curb, gutter, sidewalk in various locations throughout the Town.
- Construction of a stamped coloured sidewalk.
- Construction of concrete swales.
- Replacement of existing concrete aprons to Civic Centre.
- The extension and replacement of portions of the existing storm water sewer system.