The Ranch is a 150 acre residential subdivision comprising of large 2-4 acre lots in the County of Grande Prairie. It is located just north of the Wapiti River valley at NE20-70-6-W6M. The first phase of construction commenced in the spring of 2010 with the development of 8 lots including 620m of water mains and gravel roads. Phase 2 followed in the fall of 2010 with an additional 6 lots and another 465m of water mains and roads. The construction of Phase 3 is expected for 2011.
Some of the project highlights to this point include:
- Design and construction supervision of over 1000m of internal gravel roads and water mains for lot servicing.
- Stormwater drainage plan designed around pre-development contours and historical drainage patterns.
- Engineering design to account for roads constructed over peat/marsh areas and very sandy subgrade conditions.
- Design and construction supervision of a low pressure water system linking the West Aquatera low pressure water main network.
- Building restrictions in place including minimum footing elevations due to a high water table and relatively flat terrain in the area.
- Successful completion of project within budgeted parameters.