Range Road 62 From 70th Avenue to Township Road 724 County of Grande Prairie No.1 Range Road 62 located between 70th avenue and Township Road 724 in the County of Grande Prairie No.1 was in need of upgrading and reconstruction after years of traffic and minimal maintenance. Additionally, the section of the range road north of 84th avenue was experiencing drainage issues that were causing problems for the residents along the west side of the roadway.
The new roadway, although only gravel surface in construction, was designed to smoothly transition to an asphalt surface in the future. Drainage issues were addressed by channelling water away from the residents on the west of the road and then carrying the water north via ditches and culverts, and eventually into a storm main.
Some of the project highlights are:
- Design and construction inspection of approx. 3.2 km of gravel surface roadway.
- The use of SWMM modeling in the design of stormwater flows for the area to determine ditch cross section and storm main sizing.
- Stormwater management via ditches adjacent to roadway and approximately 400m of 600mm diameter PVC underground stormwater main.
- Erosion control managed by installing erosion control blankets (ECB), turf reinforcement matting (TRM) and Scour Stop.
- Successful completion of project within budgeted parameters.
- Reconstruction of a major stormwater management pond.