Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd. (BASE) was approached by the Rotary Clubs of Dawson Creek to provide a cost effective engineering solution for a pedestrian bridge on the Dawson Trail system in Dawson Creek. This innovative project utilized two recycled shipping containers to create a covered bridge. The bridge is supported with helical piles, and a pre-manufactured bridge abutment. This efficient and structurally sound foundation was able to withstand the flooding that occurred in the summer of 2016. The structure is designed to support the loading from the trail snow clearing equipment, providing easy access for maintenance on the trail’s paved surface. The unique windows feature the Rotary logo.
Some of the project highlights include:
- Structure utilized recycled shipping containers
- Pre-manufactured bridge abutments
- Economical and efficient helical pile foundation
- Unique windows highlight the Rotary logo
- Designed to support the trail snow clearing equipment
- Pro bono project demonstrates the commitment and support BASE has to our local communities