Due to the population growth of Grande Prairie over recent years, the level of service along 116th Avenue between 92nd Street and 94th Street was deteriorating. Since 116th Avenue was already constructed to a 4-lane arterial west of 94th Street it was necessary to continue this arterial roadway to 92nd Street. As such, the upgrading of the existing 2-lane roadway to a 4 lane arterial was completed for this portion of 116th Avenue. The design included an additional access to Crystal Park School, as well as the installation traffic signals at 92nd Street and the upgrading of traffic signals at 94th Street.
Some of the project highlights are:
- Design and construction inspection of approx. 570 meters of a 4-lane divided arterial roadway.
- Extending and replacing existing storm sewer as required.
- Constructing a stamped and colored concrete median.
- Installation of new traffic signals at 92nd Street.
- Upgrading the existing traffic signals at 94th Street.
- Construction of a right out access for Crystal Park School.
- Installations of approximately 570 meters a separate sidewalk
- Landscaping of the south boulevard, including the installation of 25 shrub beds.
- Roadway remained open to the public for entirety of the project.
- Successful completion of project within budgeted parameters.