We’re looking for a Geotechnical Lab Supervisor to join the BASE team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of technicians conducting field and laboratory testing of aggregate, soils, concrete and/or asphalt;- Supervise a large variety of projects comprised of fieldwork, laboratory testing and formal project reporting;
- Undertake geotechnical field investigations, including field drilling, sample collection and borehole log recording. Should be familiar with soil identification and the Modified Unified Soil Classification (MUSC) system.
- Train technicians to carry out geotechnical field investigations and laboratory testing. – Communicate with clients, sub-consultants and contractors test results, both orally and written, and providing technical advice and external clients with regards to soils, concrete and aggregate;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all Beairsto lab procedures lab and provide co-worker support to ensure proper safety and quality guidelines are maintained;
- Performing and recording routine instrument maintenance and the calibration of equipment;- Actively support and provide feedback for BASE’s Health and Safety Program & Radiation Safety Program;
- Additional duties as required.
- Technical diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of progressive work-related experience;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience establishing and maintaining client relationships;
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment would be considered an asset, specifically materials testing, including concrete, compaction testing, aggregates and asphalt;
- Geotechnical Engineering Investigation, Inspections and reporting experience would be an asset; specifically geotechnical field drilling, pile construction inspections, foundation bearing inspections, proof rolls etc.
- Must have knowledge and experience with related ASTM/ATT/CSA test procedures;
- Valid CCIL and/or CSA certification;
- Must have the ability to review and provide feedback on field and laboratory report data;
- Able to travel and work a flexible/ rotating schedule to support field and construction projects;
- Technical competence, analytical abilities and attention to details;- Class 5 Drivers License in good standing;
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Detail Oriented, and technically trained
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve project goals
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong time management and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively engage clients and contractors